Advanced Physical Therapy and Fitness
Advanced Physical Therapy and Fitness is an outpatient physical therapy practice specializing in care and prevention of orthopedic injuries.
Our focus is on YOU and our mission is to improve your quality of life by:
- providing expert, one-on-one patient care
- providing patient, caregiver, community and staff education
- promoting wellness
As our patient, you can expect care from highly-educated and skilled clinicians who exhibit integrity and professionalism. And you can expect convenience - we have early morning and late afternoon appointments available, and participate with most major insurances. * No physician referral is required for most insurances.*
Advanced Physical Therapy and Fitness can provide you with an individualized treatment plan to:
- Help you move better
- Ease your pain
- Help you recover from surgery
- Teach you how to care for yourself
- Help you prevent injury
- Improve your quality of life
We accept most insurance plans including Medicare, worker's compensation and auto. Please call us at 717-790-9994 for information about your insurance coverage.
Sports downtime got you down?
While regular sporting activities and practices are currently canceled due to the global health crisis, it doesn't mean that your child's sport-specific ability has to suffer. In fact, there are a few positives to having this extra downtime.
- Get back to basics. This is a great opportunity for athletes to work on the basic foundational skills in their sport without the increased training volume of regular practices and competitions. Get out and practice the basics of passing and receiving and perfect your skills with repeated practice. Work on your overall conditioning and strength by developing a fitness program. Ideally, this should include some cardiovascular training, strength training, using either body weight or resistance, at least 2 days a week, and flexibility exercises.
- Injury Recovery and Prevention. Now is a great time to reflect on the various aches and pains that occur during the season and figure out a plan to prevent them from reoccurring. Seeking out advice or evaluation by our physical therapists could help you identify areas of weakness or faulty movement patterns that need to be addressed. Our clinic is offering both in-clinic and telehealth options for evaluation.
- Study the game. Take the time to watch a video of your sport, whether that is recorded from one of your previous games, or a professional or college level game. Analyze the game and look for ways to improve.
- Cross-train. Overuse injuries are common in sports especially for those athletes who play the same sport year-round. Take advantage of the opportunity to get out and go for a bike ride, walk or hike with your family, maybe even try rollerblading. New activities require us to use our muscles in different ways and develop different movement patterns and athletic skills while allowing some time for our overused muscles to rest.
Use this downtime to help you become a more well-rounded and stronger athlete. If you need help developing a fitness plan or want to be assessed by a physical therapist to determine your best action plan, please feel free to contact our clinic to schedule an evaluation.
Jen Buono, PT, DPT